Buglance is a crowdsourced software testing (crowdtesting) platform. We use all the required resources for fast and efficient testing solutions. For more information about our services, visit the Platform page.
In the following document, you will receive information about the processing of your personal data in connection with the website and the content and services offered on the website and the data controller’s data protection officer and about your rights with respect to the processing of your personal data.
- What information we collect, how we collect and why
- How we use the information we collect and with whom we collect
- How we protect the information we collect
- Choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your information
Information we collect
We collect the following types of information when you use our Service when you provide it to us directly, or third-party services provide it to us.
Information you provide to us
When you use our Service, you provide us with your name, email address and password, occupation information such as organization name, credit card or billing information. You provide information that is linked to identifying specific target Testers. You provide information with us when you sign up for an account, purchase the Service, post on Content, send your email for getting Content, or interact with Testers through communication features.
If you do want cookies to collect your data you can block them on your device.
Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website, create a project, or use our Service, we collect your information about the activity. We automatically collect your geolocation information, device information such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, network connectivity, preferred language, date and time you visited our website, areas of the website you visited, and also the duration of time of your visit.
When Tester performs a task, we automatically collect tester usage information to gauge usage data, the amount of time spent on each task, evaluate tester performance, and improve our Service.
We may collect information about you from third parties and other sources than the Service such as our partners, customers and\or advertisers. We receive your first and last name, company name, email address from our users to invite you to use our Service. We may also receive your contact information from third parties to find prospects or to perform other services such as marketing activities.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to further:
- evaluate and improve quality, functionality and user experience of the Service,
- display and measure the Service and ads,
- gauge Tester performance,
- contact visitors for promotional offers, events, the Service or for marketing purposes,
- respond to your requests, inquiries and comments,
- enable you to use and share Content,
- update website Content,
- analyze and predict the effectiveness of ad campaigns,
- provide technical support,
- notify users about updates on Buglance, and Service.
We may combine the information we collect from you and from other sources for the purposes mentioned above. Any use of your personal information for a purpose other than mentioned above will require your consent.
How we share information
We do not share your information with third parties without your express consent. We only share the information we collect about in the ways described below:
- Any information that you include in publicly accessible areas will be available to third parties or other users of those areas.
- We may share your information such as company name, first and last name, email address with users, Testers for the delivery of the testing Service.
- We provide only a necessary part of your information with our partners for business activities such as the execution of the testing process, integration, payment process or other services. These third parties are authorized to obtain and process information to provide service to us.
- We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes if changes to this point will be made, we will contact you for your consent.
- As part of customer experience, we may share your company name on our website with your consent.
- In case of a sale, merger, acquisition to other unaffiliated parties, or insolvency of Buglance, we will disclose otherwise transfer your personal information to successor or acquirer as a part of Buglance assets. We will inform you about the changes once happen.
In order to provide you with Service and marketing materials, we need your personal information. You can choose how to use your data and to decline to share your personal information.
Your account information
For providing Service we collect your profile information including IP address and geolocation when you create an account on our website. You may update, correct by changing your profile settings. If you want to decline our access to your personal data you can contact us at [email protected]. Please note that we may retain your personal information for a time when we believe we have reasonable arguments such as the satisfaction of legal purposes.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by following the instructions mentioned in the email or sending your request to [email protected] email address. Please note it may take up to fourteen business days to process your request and you may continue to receive marketing emails within that period.
How we protect your information
We use physical, technical and managerial safeguards to protect your personal information that we collect and retain, from unauthorized parties. We also require our partners’ with whom we share your information to provide Service to take security measure to protect your personal information.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of your information from disclosure, destroyed by the breach of the technical or physical safeguards. In the case of security breaches, we will notify you to take the required actions. You can contact us at [email protected] to send your security-related questions.
Our Service is directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect the personal information of children under 13 without personal consent. If we find that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 has been collected on the Service without parental permission, we will take the required action to delete the information. If you find out that your child under 13 has an account on our website, you can notify and request us to delete the child’s personally identifiable information at [email protected] email address.
Certain third party services or websites that we link to such as our partners or customers have different user terms and privacy policies. Information you provide on those third-party websites or services is stored on their services and subject to their privacy policies. We do not monitor or control the privacy and security policies of the third-party websites or services. We encourage you to view and read the terms and privacy policies of third parties before using.
Legal requirements for information processing
Please note that if you choose to receive the Service from outside the US, laws governing the data collection and usage may differ from other regions of the world. We collect, use or transfer your personal information to other regions only under the legal basis to fulfil our obligations and provide Service. You can contact us at [email protected] to address your questions about the legal basis for collecting and processing your data.
Changes and updates to this policy